1) Thanjavur (Tanjore) painting is a classical South Indian painting style, which was inaugurated from the town of Thanjavur.
2) The art form draws its immediate resources and inspiration from way back about 1600 AD, a period when the Nayakas of Thanjavur under the suzerainty of the Vijayanagara Rayas encouraged art—chiefly, classical dance and music—as well as literature, both in Telugu and Tamil and painting of chiefly Hindu religious subjects in temples. It is distinguished by its famous gold coating.
3) Thanjavur paintings are characterised by rich and vivid colors, simple iconic composition, glittering gold foils overlaid on delicate but extensive gesso work and inlay of glass beads and pieces or very rarely precious and semi-precious gems.
4) In Thanjavur paintings one can see the influence of Deccani, Vijayanagar, Maratha and even European or Company styles of painting. Essentially serving as devotional icons, the subjects of most paintings are Hindu gods, goddesses, and saints.
5) Curated out of Pure Gold, Jaipur precious stones, Artficial diamonds and the Frame is crafted out of authentic teakwood to give the finishing a subtle, royal finishing touch
6) This could a beautiful piece to elevate the level of your home decor. The richness in the painting and the meticulousness applied in it is what makes its beautiful
7) Custom order and sizes available. Price will be quoted accordingly. Please connect with us for the same.